Multi-Family Complexes Have Two Clean-Up Options
A small single Dwelling Unit set out at the curb.
A large debris box for Multiple Dwelling Units.
Up to two (2) cubic yards (3’x3’x6′) per Dwelling Unit of Acceptable Materials one time per year.
- A fee is charged for materials exceeding 2 cubic yards per unit.
- No items over 75 pounds (except for furniture and appliances).
- Extra pick-ups can be arranged for a fee.
- Before items are landfilled, the contents will be sorted for items that can be salvaged, reused or recycled.
- ACI Supervisor will work with the complex owner/manager to designate a “reuse zone” area for items that are in good condition to be set aside for reuse.
- Place items at the arranged collection location* by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled pickup day.
- Do not set items out more than 24-hours in advance.
- Do not block the street or sidewalk.
*Owners/Managers will coordinate a suitable collection location with ACI when scheduling their pickup.
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS FOR BULKY PICKUPS:
Every best efforts will be made to reuse or recycle these items:
- Scrap metal
- Household furniture, pillows, and mattresses
- Up to 4 car or light truck tires (rims must be separated from the tires)
- Housewares, TVs, electronics, and appliances (remove or seal doors)
- Books, CDs, VHS, DVDs, Magazines, and Framed Pictures
- Clothing, textiles, shoes, belts, purses and craft/sewing items
Please use your regularly scheduled green cart/bin collection service for plant materials (landscape trimmings) and clean untreated wood scraps to ensure this material is diverted from landfill disposal.
Excess plant materials & wood up to 6’’ in diameter (tied in bundles not longer than 4’) will be collected in the bulky program. Please contain all loose plant materials such as leaves and small landscape trimmings in paper bags, compostable bags, or small cardboard boxes to help divert these materials from landfill disposal. Compostable plant materials set out in plastic bags will be landfilled.
PLEASE NOTE: Pressure-treated lumber and other treated wood waste (referred to as TWW, ex. from fencing or decking) are not accepted in the Bulky & Reuse Pick-Up program because these materials have been considered hazardous waste in California since 2021. For information about where to transport treated wood waste, please reference the Department of Toxic Substances Control Requirements for Generators of Treated Wood Waste (TWW) Fact Sheet.
Natural wood that is painted or has a surface finish such as lacquer, shellac, polyurethane, and varnish is not considered TWW, and may be set out for pick-up in the Bulky and Reuse program.
- Non-recyclables & non-compostable items will be sent to the landfill.
– Please bag, box, bundle, or contain trash.
THESE ITEMS ARE NOT ACCEPTED IN THE BULKY ITEM REUSABLE MATERIALS PICKUP PROGRAM:
CONTACT US TO SCHEDULE A PICKUP. PLEASE NOTE: Appointments are not available during Holiday Tree Collection. Requests made at the end of the calendar year may not be fulfilled within the calendar year. Please schedule appointments in advance.