NOVEL CORONAVIRUS UPDATE SERVICES PROVIDED BY ACI:
Currently, scheduled collection services are not affected.
Please check back here for any updates or changes to this schedule.
As an essential service, the employees at Alameda County Industries (ACI) will continue to work to provide the collection and processing of garbage, recyclables and organics for the jurisdictions and districts we serve. As we navigate this challenging time, help us continue to provide safe and efficient services. Thank you for your efforts.
FOR OUR DRIVERS: properly sort your materials, make sure your container lids close to prevent overflow and litter, bag waste that may have bodily fluids on it and place in the gray garbage containers.
FOR OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND BILLING STAFF, — USE OUR WEBSITE TO: contact us, fill out service forms, get collection schedule information, set up or use your online account (select the red “Account login” button) to pay your bill, and more.
FOR NON-DRIVER STAFF: site visits shall be limited to essential purposes only (for example, following up on a safety issue). Site audits and instructional site visits and similar where non-essential interaction with customer staff or other members of the public is required are suspended until further notice.
All events have been suspended until further notice. Please check with your city or district for further information.
We will continue to “roll on” to support our customers. Together we can stay safe and get through this!
Please have your containers ready for service between the hours of 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on your regular collection day. If your containers are not serviced on their regularly scheduled day, we will return on the next service day. For health and safety, please make sure your collection containers lids close and bag all bathroom waste and any products containing bodily fluids and place in the garbage container.
The ACI offices are closed to the public. Our customer service representatives are available to assist you via phone, email, or the Contact Us feature of this website. Stay safe and thank you for your patience and understanding.
We encourage you to use/create an online account to make payments or make service changes. Click here to access or create an account.
Commercial container changes will be limited for the near-term, but we will honor service changes on the customer’s account.
Contact us if you experience any service issues.
FAQ’s in regards to COVID-19
- Is the garbage service going to continue as normal during the SIP?
- Unless ACI’s workforce is directly affected by COVID-19 exposure, garbage service is expected to continue as normal.
- Can I stop service provided by ACI?
- Weekly garbage service is required by State and local ordinance for occupied residences and businesses in order to maintain public health and safety.
- CVSan Code requires residential and Commercial units to maintain garbage, recycling, and organics services. Castro Valley Sanitary District Code, Article V, Chapter 1, Section 5101. “It shall be mandatory that all occupied residential or commercial units within the limits of the District have solid waste collection service at least weekly as herein specified.”
- Our residence is generating more material (recycling, organics, garbage) now that we’re sheltering in place. Can I put bags of extra material next to my carts for removal?
- Please help keep our workforce safe by placing all materials within your cart or bin in order to minimize unnecessary contact with materials. If possible, please hold extra materials and place in your cart or bin for the next service day.
- If I want to still get extra bags or tags, how would I get them?
- You may request extra bags or tags by calling or emailing ACI’s customer service department.
- I’m a business that is deemed “not essential” by the County’s Health Officer and now temporarily closed. Do I need to have service provided by ACI and/or pay my bill for past services provided by ACI?
- You may temporarily suspend service if your business closed. Please contact ACI by phone or email to make service level adjustments. You are responsible for paying for services provided by ACI.
- I’m a business that is deemed “essential” by the County’s Health Officer and still open but need we reduced service. How can I make this adjustment?
- You may contact ACI by phone or email to adjust your service level.
- CVSan Code requires commercial units to maintain garbage, recycling, and organics services. Castro Valley Sanitary District Code, Article V, Chapter 1, Section 5101. “It shall be mandatory that all occupied residential or commercial units within the limits of the District have solid waste collection service at least weekly as herein specified.”
- What happens if ACI doesn’t have enough drivers to provide service?
- In the event ACI’s workforce is directly affected by COVID-19 exposure and reduced in number, then ACI will continue providing collection service by prioritizing materials collected. Organics and garbage (putrescible) have the highest priority for weekly collection from residents and essential businesses. Recycling (non-putrescible) has secondary priority for weekly collection from residents and essential businesses.
- Can I still schedule bulk-item pickups?
- Yes, bulky-item collection appointments are still being accepted at this time.
- Can I still request extra debris boxes?
- Yes, debris box services continue at this time.
- If my cart breaks, can I still get it replaced?
- Yes, cart (and bin) replacement services are available at this time.
- What can I do with e-waste – the normal drop off places are closed?
- ACI will collect e-waste as part of a bulky-item service at this time.
- What should I do with human waste, if I can’t flush it down the toilet – what cart does it go in?
- Dispose of single-use/anti-bacterial wipes in the gray garbage cart/bin. This includes “flushable” wipes which actually clog pipes. Certified “compostable” wipes are allowable in the green organics cart because they meet specific composting standards.
- Do not flush the following in your toilet for any reason: flushable wipes, wipes, tissues, paper towels, napkins, newspaper, coffee filters, magazines, socks, towels, fabrics, cotton balls, cardboard, t-shirts, and corn husks.
- If you are using something other than toilet paper to aid in the disposal of human feces, the following protocol should be followed:
- Immediately after use, place the soiled toilet paper alternative in a bag.
- Tie off or roll closed the full bag.
- Place the bag in the gray garbage cart or bin. Do not place the bag in blue recycling or green organics carts or bins.
- Avoid sewage backups in your home and help CVSan maintain the main sewer line. Only flush the three p’s: Pee, Poop, and Toilet Paper.
- If there is any interruption in service, is my bill going to be reduced?
- ACI will work with local jurisdictions to establish policy on billing/payment in the event there are any disruptions in service due to COVID-19.