ACI Alameda General Information, Terms, and Conditions:
RATE ADJUSTMENTS – Rates are subject to change. The rate review process is outlined in the Franchise Agreement between ACI and the City of Alameda. Rate adjustments most often occur on July 1 of each year.
BILLING INFORMATION – Terms are net payable upon receipt of invoice. After 20 days past due, balances are subject to a late fee. Late fees will continue to be assessed after each subsequent 30 days of non-payment. There will be a service charge if your check is returned from the bank. Rejected “auto-pays” will also be subject to a service charge.
BILLING DISPUTES – Billing disputes must be reported to ACI’s Customer Service Department within 30-days of receiving this invoice. If we are not contacted within 30-days, all charges will be assumed accurate.
COLLECTION POLICY – Per the Franchise Agreement with the City of Alameda, at 120 days of non-payment ACI will reduce customer’s weekly service to 32 gallons of garbage only; recycling and organics carts will be removed. Customers will be sent through the City’s lien process if payment is not made on the account. Letters are sent informing delinquent customers of past due balance, late fee assessment and risk of lien proceedings. If your service is reduced due to non-payment, there will be a charge to reinstate the initial service level.
SERVICE CANCELLATIONS – A completed Stop Service Form is required to cancel service. The Form can be dropped off at our office or sent by mail, email, or fax. Verbal cancellations will not be accepted. Cancellations will not be made retroactively. It is the customer’s responsibility to end services with Alameda County Industries. All services are due and payable until a completed Stop Service Form has been submitted.
SERVICE MODIFICATIONS – Requests to increase or decrease service must be made in writing and submitted in person or by mail, email, or fax. Verbal requests will not be accepted. All changes will be assigned a confirmation number upon completion and this will be communicated to the customer. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that their request was received and processed. Service level changes (increase/decrease in container size) in excess of once per 12-month period will be charged a fee (see rates on website).
TRANSFERRED CHARGES – If service is transferred from one property to another and the final bill remains unpaid after the due date, any outstanding balance and/or deposit will be transferred to the new account.
MANDATORY RECYCLING – Alameda County’s Mandatory Recycling Ordinance requires recycling & composting! Businesses and some Multi-Family sites must sort recyclables and organics from the garbage. Learn more by visiting RecyclingRulesAC.org or AlamedaCountyIndustries.com and click on the Mandatory Recycling Ordinance Quick Link.
- The property owner is ultimately responsible for any charges on account.
- Prorated service will be calculated daily.
- Service/billing inquiries should not be sent with your payment. Please send in separate envelope.
- Missed pick-ups need to be reported within 24-hours so that we can confirm the miss and make amends.
- Next day service requests must be phoned in by 2:00 pm the day before.
- Debris box service requests should be made at least 48-hours before service is to be performed.
- Customers are responsible for extraordinary damage to their collection containers. This excludes normal wear and tear.
HOLIDAY SCHEDULE – ACI observes the Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays. When a holiday falls on a weekday, service preceding the holiday is unaffected. Customers whose regular service day falls on or after the holiday will receive service one day late.
PROHIBITED ITEMS – Carts/containers that are too heavy to safely pick up will not be serviced. Customer is responsible for not exceeding manufacturer weight limits and not placing prohibited items inside. Prohibited items include but are not limited to tires, pesticides, fertilizers, cleaners, solvents, paint, fluorescent lamps, medical waste, batteries, electronics and automotive fluids. Contact ACI or visit www.StopWaste.org/hhw for information on proper disposal of hazardous waste.
- If a cart/container cannot be serviced due to excessive weight, the customer is responsible for correcting the load. Special containers are available for dirt, rock, concrete, and other exceptionally heavy materials commonly used in construction, demolition and landscaping.
- Recycling containers must remain free of non-recyclable waste. It is the responsibility of the customer to remove all non-recyclable waste before service. If the customer requests the blue recycling container to be emptied as garbage the applicable rate will apply.
For any additional questions, or to ask about current rates and fees, please contact us here.
ACI ALA REV 2_2021