Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help businesses make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or contact us to request hard copies.
- Commercial Service Guide
- What Belongs in the Garbage?
- What Belongs in the Recyclables?
- What Belongs in the Organics?
- Organics Program for Food Service Establishments
- What happens to your garbage?
- What happens to your recyclables?
- What happens to your organics?
- Searchable listing of what belongs in each container
- StopWaste Custom Sign Tool
- ORRO/SB 1383 Resources
- AB 827 Guidelines
- AB 827 Multilingual Brochures
- Bin sizes
- Debris box sizes
- Cart sizes
- Proper Sorting Flyer 2020 (Multi-Language)
- September 2023: Mandatory Organics Recycling and ORRO Notification.
- August 2023: Recycling is Mandatory – Are You Compliant? We Can Help! Landscapers ORRO/ACWMA Ordinance Notice.
- July 2023: Mandatory Organics Recycling SB1383, We Can Help with Compliance!
- May 2023: Proper Sorting Makes a Difference, Protect Our Sorting Staff, Virtually Tour Our Sorting Facility.
- April 2023: SB 1383 California’s Compost and Recycling Law, We Can Help With Compliance!
- February 2023: Safe Disposal of Medicines, Sharps, Household Batteries, and E-Waste, and Proper sorting graphic.
- January 2023: SB 1383 – California Compost & Recycling Law for Businesses and Multi-family Properties.
- December 2022: California Compost and Recycling Law for Businesses and Multifamily Properties.
- November 2022: Have you visited our website lately? and the ACI holiday collection service schedule.
- October 2022: Mandatory Organics Recycling and Holiday Service Schedule
- July 2022: Mandatory Organics Recycling – We Can Help With Compliance.
- March 2022: New California Law SB 1383 Requires Composting – We Can Help!
- January 2022: New State Recycling Law Affects You! We Can Help!
- December 2021: New California Recycling Law-Senate Bill 1383. How Does it Affect You?
- October 2021: Have you Visited our Website Lately? 2021 Holiday Service Schedule.
- September 2021: Are You AB827 Compliant? We Can Help! & Recycle Right-Proper Sorting Makes a Difference!
- August 2021 – Recycling is Mandatory – We can help with compliance!, Plant Debris – Mandatory Organics Recycling, Landscaper compliance information.
- May 2021: Help Us Help You! Proper Sorting Makes a Difference!
- February 2021: Recycling is Mandatory – We Can Help!
- January 2021: Safe Disposal of Medicines, Sharps, Household Batteries, E-waste, and Sorting Guide.
StopWaste.Org works with the City of San Leandro and all other cities within Alameda County to provide updated recycling, reuse and purchasing outreach materials and programs. Select materials are listed among the Helpful Links below. To see all available materials and order hard copies, visit www.StopWaste.Org.
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Offices
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Retail Establishments
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Food-Service Establishments
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Manufacturers
Resources for Businesses and Multi-Family Properties
- Indoor container guide and worksheet
- Mandatory Organics Recycling Requirements and Senate Bill 1383
Usable Food Donation
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Cal Recycle
- Re:source – Alameda County’s Online Guide for Reuse, Repair, and Recycling
- City of San Leandro
- Recycling Rules Alameda County
- Reusable Transport Packaging Saves Your Company Money & Resources
- Reusables 101: Reusable Transport Packaging
Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
Donation / Reuse
Hazardous Waste / Electronic Waste