Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help businesses make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or contact us to request hard copies.
- Commercial Service Guide
- What Belongs in the Garbage?
- What Belongs in the Recyclables?
- What Belongs in the Organics?
- Organics Program for Food Service Establishments
- What happens to your garbage?
- What happens to your recyclables?
- What happens to your organics?
- Commercial Recycling Guide
- Searchable listing of what belongs in each container
- AB 827 Guidelines
- AB 827 Multilingual Brochures
- Bin sizes
- Debris box sizes
- Cart sizes
- Proper Sorting Flyer 2020 (Multi-Language)
- September 2021: Are You AB827 Compliant? We Can Help! & Recycle Right-Proper Sorting Makes a Difference!
- August 2021 – Recycling is Mandatory – We can help with compliance!, Plant Debris – Mandatory Organics Recycling, Landscaper compliance information.
- May 2021: Help Us Help You! Proper Sorting Makes a Difference!
- February 2021: Recycling is Mandatory – We Can Help!
- January 2021: Safe Disposal of Medicines, Sharps, Household Batteries, E-waste, and Sorting Guide.
- December 2020: Commercial Organic Food Waste Guide
- November 2020: Mandatory Recycling Ordinance Notice & Proper Sorting Makes a Difference!
- October 2020: Holiday Service Schedule & Have You Visited our Website?
- September 2020: AB 827 – New Collection Requirements and Recycle Right!
- July 2020: Recycling is Mandatory, We Can Help! Improve or Start Your Recycling Program Today!
- May 2020: We Support Our Community, Steps you Can Take to Help us Stay Safe!
- April 2020: Avoid Wishcycling, Proper Sorting Makes a Difference!, Reduce and Reuse BEFORE you Recycle, Reduce Unwanted Paper.
- February 2020: Mandatory Recycling – We Can Help!
- November 2019: Mandatory Recycling Ordinance – Organics, Proper Sorting Makes A Difference!
- October 2019: Have You Visited Our Website? Holiday Service Schedule.
- June 2019: Avoid Wishcycling
- April 2019: Proper Sorting Makes A Difference! Recycling is Mandatory. We Can Help!
- February 2019: Plant Debris must be properly sorted/Recycling is Mandatory – We can help!
StopWaste.Org works with the City of San Leandro and all other cities within Alameda County to provide updated recycling, reuse and purchasing outreach materials and programs. Select materials are listed among the Helpful Links below. To see all available materials and order hard copies, visit www.StopWaste.Org.
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Offices
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Retail Establishments
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Food-Service Establishments
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Manufacturers
Resources for Businesses and Multi-Family Properties
Usable Food Donation
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Cal Recycle
- Re:source – Alameda County’s Online Guide for Reuse, Repair, and Recycling
- City of San Leandro
- Recycling Rules Alameda County
- Reusable Transport Packaging Saves Your Company Money & Resources
- Reusables 101: Reusable Transport Packaging
Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
Donation / Reuse
Hazardous Waste / Electronic Waste