Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to of Multi-Family complexes to make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or order hard copies.
Contact us to order hard copies.
- Service Guide for Multi-Family Complexes
- Move-In Guide
- Move-Out Guide
- Program Reminders
- What Belongs in the Garbage?
- What Belongs in the Recycling?
- What Belongs in the Organics?
- What happens to my Garbage?
- What happens to my Recyclables?
- What happens to my Organics?
- Searchable listing of what belongs in each container
- Food Scraps Program Tips
- Reduce & Reuse, Before you Recycle!
- Proper Sorting Flyer 2020 (Multi-Language)
- May 2023: Proper Sorting Makes a Difference, Protect Our Sorting Staff, Virtually Tour Our Sorting Facility.
- April 2023: SB 1383 California’s Compost and Recycling Law, We Can Help With Compliance-Kitchen Pails are Available!
- March 2023: SB1383 California’s Compost and Recycling Law, and We Can Help With Compliance – Kitchen Pails Available.
- February 2023: Safe Disposal of Medicines, Sharps, Household Batteries, and E-Waste, and Proper sorting graphic.
- January 2023: SB 1383 – California Compost & Recycling Law for Businesses and Multi-family Properties.
- December 2022: California Compost and Recycling Law for Businesses and Multifamily Properties.
- November 2022: Have you visited our website lately? and the ACI holiday collection service schedule.
- October 2022: Mandatory Organics Recycling and Holiday Service Schedule.
- July 2022: Mandatory Organics Recycling – We Can Help With Compliance.
- January 2022: New State Recycling Law Affects You! We Can Help!
- December 2021: New California Law-Senate Bill 1383, How Does it Affect You?
- October 2021: Have you Visited Our Website Lately? 2021 Holiday Service Schedule.
- August 2021: Recycling is Mandatory, We Can Help!
- May 2021: Help Us Help You! Proper Sorting Makes a Difference!
- February 2021: Recycling is Mandatory – We Can Help!
- January 2021: Safe Disposal of Medicines, Sharps, Household Batteries, E-waste, and Sorting Guide.
StopWaste.Org works with the City of San Leandro and all other cities within Alameda County to provide updated recycling, reuse and purchasing outreach materials and programs. Select materials are listed among the Helpful Links below. To see all available materials and order hard copies, visit www.StopWaste.Org.
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- City of San Leandro
- Cal Recycle
- Re:source – Alameda County’s Online Guide for Reuse, Repair, and Recycling
- California Department of Conservation
- Enivronmental Protection Agency
- Earth 911
Resources for Businesses and Multi-Family Properties
- Indoor container guide and worksheet
- Mandatory Organics Recycling Requirements and Senate Bill 1383
Donation / Reuse
- Clothing & Household Items: Salvation Army & East Bay Goodwill
- Miscellaneous Items
- List of organizations in Alameda County that may accept food donations
Gardening & Composting
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste